Milestones / History
Milestones / History
- Mr. Tony Tan and his family opens a Magnolia Ice cream parlor at Cubao. This will later become the 1st Jollibee Outlet.
- Jollibee posts 1st year sales of P2 million
- Jollibee is incorporated as a 100% Filipino-owned company, with seven Jollibee fast food restaurants within Metro Manila as its initial network.
- The Yumburger becomes its first flagship product.
- Spaghetti Special is introduced.
- Jollibee‚Äôs first franchised-store opens at Ronquillo, Sta. Cruz, Manila.
- Jollibee launches its 1st TV commercial.
- Jollibee’s Chickenjoy and French Fries are launched.
- The well-loved Jollibee mascot is conceived to support brand awareness and identity efforts. Other mascots are later introduced.
- Jollibee’s Chickenjoy becomes one of its best-selling menu items.
- Jollibee Foods Corporation enters the list of Top 1000 Corporations in the Philippines.
- Jollibee ended the year with 10 stores
- Jollibee pioneers the use of in-store promotions, novelty premium items and Kiddie Birthday packages for kids.
- Palabok Fiesta is introduced.
- The Langhap-Sarap TV ad Campaign is launched.
- Chickee and Lady Moo join the Jollibee mascots.
- Champ hamburger is launched.
- Jollibee enters list of Top 500 Corporations and assumes market leadership in local fast food industry.
- Mascots Champ and Hetty join the Jollibee family.
- WEA gives Jollibee the Gold Record Award for outstanding sales of Jollibee songs.
- Jollibee becomes the market leader in the fast food industry.
- Breakfast Joys are introduced.
- The ‚ÄúLanghap-Sarap‚Äù campaign is awarded as the most effective ad campaign in the food category during the 9th Philippine Advertising Congress.
- Jollibee wins the 9th International Foods Award from El Comestible in Barcelona, Spain.
- Tony Tan wins the Agora Award for entrepreneurship given by the Philippine Marketing Association.
- The Philippine‚Äôs Top 250 Corporations list includes Jollibee Foods Corporation.
- Jollibee adds Chunky Chicken Sandwich in its menu.
- Sales of P570 million pushes Jollibee into the elite Top 100 Corporations.
- Jollibee opens 1st fast food outlet in Brunei, marking its entry into the global market.
- Jolly Twirls softserve is successfully launched.
- Jollibee’s system-wide sales hit P921 million, further leading market share of 31% in the fast food industry and a dominant 57% share in the hamburger segment.
- Jollibee celebrates its 10th year anniversary.
- Tony Tan is named one of the Ten Outstanding Manilans.
- Jollibee wins the Anvil Award for outstanding PR campaign in relation to the achievement of its marketing objective on its Filipino Talents campaign.
- 2nd Brunei store opens.
- Balut and Ligaw TV commercials wins the Kidlat Award in the Service and Leisure Products category during the 11th Philippine Ad Congress.
- Jollibee sales hit the P1.3 billion mark, giving the brand the distinction as the first fast food chain to surpass the billion-peso sales mark.
- Jollibee adds Jolly Hotdog, Chickenjoy Take-Me-Out, Coleslaw, and Peach Mango Pie to its ever-growing menu.
- Jollibee post sales of P1.8 billion.
- Tony Tan is awarded the Triple Award by AIM as Outstanding AIM Alumnus.
- Jollibee receives the Excellence in Marketing Management Award from the Asian Institute of Management.
- Jollibee opens its 1st store outside Luzon in Cagayan de Oro City.
- Jollibee’s 100th store opens in Davao City.
- Jollibee opens a record high of 35 new stores.
- Jollibee launches its Pancakes and Jolly Meals.
- Jollibee sales hit a whopping P2.65 billion.
- The Lola TV commercial wins the Grand Araw Award and an award of excellence for the promotion of Filipino Values during the Philippine Ad Congress.
- Jollibee receives award for the Outstanding Corporate Safety Consciousness Programs by the Safety Organization of the Philippines (SOP).
- Jollibee sales hit the P3.365 billion.
- Jollibee improves its softserve ice cream line by offering fruit-flavored ice cream.
- Jollibee corners 73% if the Hamburger segment.
- Jollibee has 112 stores nationwide.
- Jollibee maintains its advantage over its competitors by acquiring more than 50% share of the fast food industry.
- On July 13, JFC is listed in the Philippine Stocks Exchange with an initial offering of P9.00 per share.
- In October 1993, JFC shares are being sold for P20.00, a windfall or more than 135%.
- Marketing launched its At Home Ako sa Jollibee ad campaign, focusing on Jollibee’s loyal customers.
- Jollibee introduces the Kiddie Pack Promo.
- JFC moves to Jollibee Centre Building in Ortigas Center, Pasig, for its new Main Office site.
- 148 Jollibee stores nationwide by year-end.
- JFC expands into the pizza-pasta segment with the acquisition of Greenwich Pizza Corporation.
- Jollibee is cited as one of the leading companies in Asia by the Far Eastern Economic Review.
- Jollibee opens an additional 20 stores in the Philippines,bringing its total store network to 168.
- Jollibee successfully opens stores abroad: Guam, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, and Jeddah, and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Jollibee opens its 200th store in Malolos Bulacan.
- Jollibee is cited again as one of the leading companies in Asia by the Far Eastern Economic Review.
- Jollibee’s system-wide sales increase to P8.29 billion which translates to a market share of more than 50% among all hamburger fast food chains.
- Jollibee has 208 stores nationwide.
- Mary’s Chicken was born; a semi-self service restaurant and another Jollibee subsidiary.
- The company reengineers its visual identity system.
- Amazing Aloha is launched.
- The 1st Jollibee store kanyain Hong Kong opens.
- Jollibee launches various projects, such as Maaga ang Pasko sa Jollibee and Chikiting Patrol: at Home Ako Dito. These projects’ main objective was to protect and contribute to the development of the Filipino children.
- System-wide sales increase to P11.17 billion.
- Jollibee launches “Kaya mo Kid” project which aims to instill positive values to children and help them achieve their dreams and ambitions.
- Jollibee opens in Daly City, Califorina, its first store in the USA.
- The company celebrates its 20th year anniversary.
- Jollibee opens 62 stores nationwide, bringing its total store network to 300.
- Jollibee opens its 300th store in Balagtas, Bulacan.
- Jollibee receives the ISO 9002 Certification for its frozen patty line.
- Jollibee wins the Employer of the Year Award.
- Jollibee opens 50 stores nationwide, which increased the store count to 350 stores.
- The Cheezy Bacon Mushroom Burger is introduced to its line of specialty burgers.
- Far Eastern Economic Review cites Jollibee as the Philippines’ leading business corporation.
- 31 more Jollibee stores open, bringing the total to 381 stores.
- Jollibee acquires Chowking .
- For the 3rd straight year, Far Eastern Economic Review ranked Jollibee as the Philippines’ leading company.
- Asian Business Magazine ranks Jollibee as the Most Admired Company in the Philippines and the 3rd over-all in Asia, surpassed only by global giants General Electric and Microsoft.
- JFC’s system-wide sales reach P20 billion.
- Jollibee opens its 400th store in Intramuros.
- System-wide sales rose to 18.8% to P24.11 billion. Income reaches P959 million.
- JFC store network expands to 800 restaurants, which includes Greenwich and Chowking stores.
- Revenues almost reach the P27-billion mark. JFC number of stores exceeded 900.
- Tony Tan is named MAP “Management Man of the Year”.
- JFC store count reaches 988 nationwide.
- For the sixth straight year, the Far Eastern Economic Review ranked JFC as the Philippines’ Leading Company.
- Jollibee celebrates its 25th year.
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Tony Tan Caktiong is named Ernest and Young’s 2004 World Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Jollibee opens its 500th store in Basilan.
- Jollibee inaugurates its biggest and most modern commissary in Camelray Industrial Park in Canlubang, Laguna with President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo as guest of honor.
- JFC acquires its 1st foreign brand ‚Äì Yonghe King, a fast food chain in China.
- The Jollibee Group Foundation is established.
- JFC acquires Red Ribbon Bakeshop.
- Ernesto Tan Mantiong receives Corporate Citizen Award of the year from CNBC Asian Business Leaders Awards.
- Jollibee opens 600th store in Aparri, Cagayan.
- Jollibee opens Las Vegas outlet.
- Jollibee launches Jollitown, the first children’s TV show in the country to be produced by a fast food chain.
- Tont Tan Caktiong and Ernesto Tan Mantiong are featured by BBC and CNBC Managing Asia, respectively.
- Jollibee marks its 30th anniversary.
- Jollibee bested some of Asia Pacific’s biggest multinationals as it bagged the FMCG and F & B Asia Pacific Supply Chain Excellence Award at the SCM Logistics Excellence Award held in Singapore.
- Zenith Foods Corporation, the commissary plant of JFC, adjudged the national winner of Meat Processing Plant AAA category in the search for Best Meat Establishment of the National Meat Inspection Service.
- Jollibee strengthens US network with the opening of three new stores.
- Jollibee wins the Award of Excellence in the Philippine Quill Awards for Media Relations Program(30th anniversary campaign).
- Jollibee bags CMMA and three Araw Values Award.
- Jollibee stages first ever holiday musical special for children dubbed “A Magical Christmas at Jollitown”.
- Jollibee and the Jollibee Franchisees Association launched the 30th anniversary special novelty offering – Hug and Share Doll. Proceeds of the sales will all be donated to charity.
- Biggest and grandest Maaga ang Pasko caps off Jollibee’s 30th anniversary. Total of more than 117,000 toys and books collected were the highest ever in the campaign’s 14-year history.
- Jollibee opens its 700th store in Baguio City.
- Jollibee opens its first store in Qatar.
- Jollibee opens its first store in Hawaii, USA.
- Jollibee launches its first Family Values Award.
- Jollibee opens its first store in Kuwait.
- Jollibee is named by New York-based magazine Travel + Leisure as one of the best fast food chains in the world.
- Jollibee celebrates its 35th anniversary.
- Jollibee opens in Singapore, which has a record first-day sales.
- Jollibee opens its 800th store in Malaybalay, Bukidnon.
- Jollibee opens its 100th international store in Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
- USA‚Äôs Restaurant Business Magazine includes Jollibee as among the 50 fastest growing chains in the United States.
- Tony Tan Caktiong, JFC‚Äôs Chairman & CEO, is named Global Filipino Executive of the Year at the Asia CEO Awards.
- JFC‚Äôs systemwide sales breaks the P100-billion sales mark.
- Jollibee is named Outstanding Food Retailer-Large Category at the Philippine Retailers’ Association Awards.
- Jollibee opens its 100th store in Mindanao.
- Jollibee is included among the top 10 international fast food restaurants in the United States by The Daily Meal.
- Jollibee is hailed as “best international restaurant chain‚Äù by US-based food and lifestyle website, Thrillist.
- JFC‚Äôs stock price reaches the P200-level.
- Jollibee‚Äôs official Facebook account breaches 1 million likes from Facebook users.
- Jollibee opens its 900th Philippine store in Palo, Leyte.
- Jollibee reaches its 1000th store as it opens its first store in Dubai, UAE.
- Jollibee opens its first store in Bahrain.